Skip to content
POOL FENCE PROXIMITY
- Provision of 900mm ‘Clear Zone’ where the pool fence intersects another fence.
- Provision of a CPR sign within pool enclosure noting procedure for infants and young children.
- Climbable objects near pool fence.
- Climbable trees/plants near the fence.
- Clear zone of 300mm inside the pool fence (positioned as a shadow of the outside non climbable zone of 900mm).
- Direct access to the pool enclosure via open able windows.
- Direct access to the pool enclosure via a door of a habitable dwelling is not allowed.
- Gate to open outwards of pool enclosure.
- Gate latch needs to be 1500mm min. from finished ground level.
- Hinges need to be 900mm min apart, and non-climbable.
- Highest low rail needs to be 1400mm min. from bottom of latch.
- Gate needs to be self-closing from resting position on strike plate.
- Gate needs to remain latched when child is standing on the bottom rail of gate.
- Gap between bottom of gate and ground needs to be less than 100mm.
- If the latching mechanism is situated behind the gate, is there a vertical minimum distance of 150mm and a gap between the gate and continuing fence less than 10mm.
- Provision of Non Climbable Zone of 900mm minimum between horizontal rails.
- Maintenance of gap of less than 100mm between vertical uprights when squeezed by hand.
- Height of fence 1200mm or higher./li>
- Are the vertical uprights less than 100mm apart?
- Gap between the bottom of fence and ground needs to be less than 100mm.